Our parish and school are named after St. Anthony of Padua.
He is one of the most loved and admired saints in the Catholic Church. St. Anthony is most often depicted holding the baby Jesus for legend has it that Jesus, in His infant form, appeared to St. Anthony while he was in his room praying. He was made a Doctor of the Church by Pope Pius XII in 1946. He first joined the Augustinian Order and then left it and joined the Franciscan Order. He became a Franciscan because of the death of five Franciscans in Morocco, in North Africa. St. Anthony wanted to profess the Catholic Faith with his mind and his heart, at every moment.
St. Anthony of Padua is known as the patron saint of lost articles. St. Anthony of Padua was canonized less than one year after his death.